“Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing.”
There were many voices that sang last weekend at The Dailey Method’s 9th annual Owners’ Retreat. Besides being a place where amazing connections take place, the event serves as a forum where some very special friends in my life – the TDM owners – can learn, grow, and make meaningful contributions to TDM. The heart of the Dailey Method is what makes it the amazingly special, supportive and beautiful community that continues to soar.
So, the Owners’ Retreat perfectly embodies May’s Word of the Month – Heart. Our hearts are our innermost part and we could not survive without it. Not only ARE these individuals the Hearts of their home communities, but they GIVE their hearts to their practice, their studios and to the people who walk in their doors every day. I know for myself that the love I have for my studios and to The Dailey Method is so personally meaningful. I am always in awe at the passion and dedication that the other owners show in making their studios the best (and the most fun!) they can be. While still maintaining The Dailey Method’s core principles of Align, Engage, Move.
The owners came from far reaches of the US, and beyond (Paris, Mexico and Canada)! I am reminded each year that there is an incredible level of diversity that makes up the Dailey Method. And by giving their all to create a welcoming and productive space to find alignment they are also able to create a space that is open to everyone.
There were so many, but here are some of the my personal highlights of the weekend:
- The one-on-one introductions. I am fortunate to know them all but when they come together there can be electric synergy when they get to connect personally. The weekend began with that connection.
- The small group breakouts that allowed us to collaborate together to learn, grow, and expand communally. And to brainstorm together to continually be able to offer you, our community, an ever-evolving product.
- The amazing expo (1st picture above) where we had some incredible talent. Local and far reaching companies attended, people who can collaborate with our businesses in ways that help support us all as business owners and allow our communities simpler processes.
- The dinners we had together, where we could unwind, laugh and celebrate together.
- The hike on the last day through the headlands of Marin. Gorgeous perfect day.
The celebration of my new Dailey Cycle studio in Fairfax. It wasn’t even open to the public yet and I got to have the best of the best across the world to come and teach there and show us their talents.
I want to SHOUT from the bottom of my heart a huge THANK YOU to each and every Dailey Method owner for believing in the product and showing up each day to share that with their community. And for the amazing corporate staff (you know who you are) that discussed, created and worked tireless hours to make it the most informative and fun retreat ever.