It’s hard to believe the holidays are already here! I love this season for many reasons – giving, being one of them. And there are many ways to give that don’t have to break the bank! Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
1. Pass along favorite books you’ve read.
A few of mine include: Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, Bel Canto by Ann Patchett & Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner.
2. Give something homemade. Like these amazing, Healthy Thumbprints. And here’s an easy way to wrap homemade gifts. You can’t beat this price!
Healthy Thumbprints – makes about 24 cookies
1 cup raw organic almonds
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 cup gluten free flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup safflower oil (or what you have)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
Jam for filling or almond butter or a piece of chocolate (our favorite!)
Preheat oven to 350. Put almonds in food processor, grind well (into a flour) add oats, flour, spices, salt and mix well. Then add oil, syrup and vanilla. Mix into dough. Put in plastic wrap in fridge for 20 minutes then take tbsp of dough, roll into ball, make thumbprint, fill with or chocolate & bake for 15 minutes.
3. Create a personalized calendar. It’s the gift that keeps on giving all year long.
4. EOS Lip Balm. Great for every girl, especially the tweens.
Nico’s favorite flavors are grapefruit, orange blossom and vanilla mint.
5. Baseline Athletic Crew Socks. I don’t really get it but all boys, young and old, are crazy about these socks. Trust me!
6. Cook to Connect. A free program designed to bring people together in the kitchen to create simple, healthy meals.
It includes shopping lists, 10 recipes and step by step instructions for each person’s role in the kitchen.
8. Give the gift of health this holiday season with a TDM gift certificate!
You can buy these online at the bottom of each studio’s Pricing & Packages page.